Marketing communications is the art of delivering a message to the marketplace. Over the course of Pagano Media’s 30+ year evolution, our mission has remained constant: to help organizations convey a well-defined reason for being. Against the relentless push of change and multiple industry transformations, a core set of values have kept us grounded:
- Work-life balance: We believe happy employees generate thrilled customers. Moreover, we take seriously the responsibility of helping our employees grow and live well.
- Simplicity: Difficult to achieve, yet wonderful to behold. Simplicity is the guiding force behind all our work.
- Personal Service: Responsive and nimble, Pagano Media believes being small allows us to achieve big.
As we begin 2018 and look forward to the future, the marketing communications industry is awash in the digital era. SEO, e-commerce, e-mail, and social media are just a few of the many digital marketing frontiers exciting companies and converting customers. As we take stock of industry trends and prepare for the next stage of Pagano Media’s evolution, we are recommitting ourselves to our founding principles. From these roots, we will embrace the following three trends we expect to define 2018:
- Dominance of visual content: Humans are biologically predisposed to consuming visual content. We remember 80% of what we see, 20% of what we read, and 10% of what we hear. This disparity of recall across mediums has major implications in digital marketing. Visual content gets 94% more total views and is 40x more likely to be shared on social media (Buffer, 2014). A recent survey found 80% of customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Animoto, 2015). Motion graphics and whiteboard animations are some of the tools Pagano Media uses to deliver a memorable message. Coming off 2018 Worcester Business Journal Best of Business in Video Production, Pagano Media stands poised to capitalize on the integration of visuals into communication.
- Targeted content: “Targeted advertising” means far more today than placing an ad for wealth management on the stocks page of the Wall Street Journal. AI and machine learning track user activity online in order to put together a profile and personalize the ad experience. In a noisy world full of voices competing for the attention of the same customers, your shot has to have both sufficient magnitude and accuracy to hit the target. The Network Advertising Initiative found behaviorally-targeted ads to be twice as effective as non-targeted ads (NAI, 2010).
- Measuring results: Gone are the days when the impact of advertising and marketing could not be measured. You no longer have to spend on faith, as you can now track website activity, ad clicks, and conversion rate to determine return-on-investment. These powerful tools enable Pagano Media to refine our strategy and empower clients to make informed decisions about their own marketing needs.